Shearwater Perdix 2 - “deco clear counter” inverted?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caversluis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
At the end of my last dive, my Perdix 2 showed an inverted “deco clear counter” (yellow background). What does that mean?

A bit on my Perdix
- Perdix 2
- Set to TEC mode
- GF factor 30/70
- Configured to show “deco clear counter” when NDL has ‘expired’

A bit more info on the dive. It was a 80 min shore dive, with a max depth of 24 meters at 25 mins into the dive. From their, a very slow ascent. At 30 min into the dive, NDL turned 0 after which i accumulated 3 mins of (planned) deco. The deco har cleared about 1 hour into the dive. From that point, the deco clear timer startet to count up as it normally does. At the end of the dive, I ascended to around 4,5 meters after which I descended to around 8m. It was as if the deco clear counter inverted at that time. It went back to normal after I ascended a bit again.

I have looked through the manual, but could not find an explanation. Anyone has seen this before?

My fantasy is that it is trying to tell that the “deco clear timer” is no longer valid when I descend deeper.

Attachments

• IMG_1179.jpeg
    IMG_1179.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 42
I saw this yesterday. I'd spent a long time very shallow and had been clear for about 15 minutes, then I descended to 30 feet and the counter stopped and had a yellow background.

I suspect that you're correct. If you pull up your GF99, I'd venture to say it would show 0 or ongassing.

Back
Top Bottom