Shearwater now majority owned by private equity firm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess we can all hope that this does not mean mass production mass marketing causing there amazing customer service reputation to fall along with Canadian manufacturing being moved overseas.

Just looking at BRS's portfolio they are all over the place from pizza, and canned foods, to rock climbing shoes, pellet guns, and racing helmets.

I'm sure that all will be fine. After all, Johnson Outdoors ate ScubaPro and we all know how well that worked.

My honest best wishes to Bruce and Lynn. It took a lot of their own personal hard work and unbelievable customer interactions to get Shearwater to where it is today. Time to hand it off, I suppose...

My best wishes to you both.

Anytime the founders give up majority control the transition is risky. I certainly wish the Partridges the very best. I’m sure they’ve realized a significant and well earned financial reward for their innovation & success. Good for them. But with that said I choose to remain skeptical of the new majority ownership. Hopefully they prove to be as committed to quality, innovation and customer service as the Partridges have been. The next two years will be very telling.

Unfortunately, this is bad news, following a horrible recreational scuba year because of Covid.
Thankfully, I already have enough Predators and Petrel IIs to keep my rebreathers running.
I'd assume that if the Partridges had been able to wait another year to sell, they would have gotten significantly more for Shearwater.

Michael

I’m a fan of Shearwater products and customer service. Hoping BRS sees the value in maintaining high standards rather than diluting the brand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom