Shearwater never ceases to amaze me with top notch customer service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomfcrist

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Shearwater research is an excellent company, I don't think anyone here would disagree.

I just bought an O2ptima with a Petrel2 controller. I wanted to have a backup computer for deco purposes, so out came my trusty old Predator. To my surprise, it was not unlocked for CCR.

After looking around, it seemed that I either needed to buy a newer shearwater as a backup, or spend in the neighborhood of $200 to unlock my predator (prior to the Petrel, CCR was a hidden feature that required s paid upgrade).

I was about to pay for an upgrade/CCR unlock, and I thought to myself...Shearwater has undying support for their products...let me ask them how to unlock it.

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when they emailed me the CCR unlock code for my old as dirt predator...free of charge.

They just don't make companies like this anymore folks...we are lucky to have them involved in our sport.

-Tom

Back
Top Bottom