Shearwater is an AWSOME company!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FiddlerOnTheRoof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have been diving since the early 90's and have been an instructor since 2004... If you have been a diver for awhile, you know how difficult it is, at times, to get good costumer service... This past weekend, after a long wait, I became the proud owner of a new Petrel 2. I picked it up at my local dive shop and once I got home I right away did the typical customizations and updated it. Upon close look I noticed the adhesive plastic protector was missing and there was a small spec of dust behind the screen off to the left side. No big deal about the little dust particle but I did e-mail Shearwater Saturday to see if I could buy some protectors... WOW I have to tell you... They are AMAZING!!! In less then an hour, Saturday morning, I got a reply from them telling me they would send me some free first thing Monday morning. I then decided to give them a call and tell them about the dust particle, just for their QA. It really was not a problem and it was not bothering me at all, but I felt costumer feedback is important so I called Shearwater in Canada. Again I was amazed!! The phone rang twice and there was a human being on the other end of the line!! Not to mention the fact this lady sounded so professional and friendly... WOW

Is this for real? No automated prompts telling me to answer my own questions on their web site, or answering machines? A real person ready to help me?
Yes, it's true, and after a brief conversation with Lynn at Shearwater she insisted that I would please send them my Petrel and they would OVERNIGHT me a new one. They promptly mailed me a new Petrel yesterday (Monday) and it arrived overnight as promised!!!

This is the type of company support and dedication we as divers need more in this industry. Shearwater's costumer service is superb and their products are unbelievably well made and reliable. Worth every penny!

Shearwater... You have won my heart and a loyal costumer for life!

Thank you again for your awesome support!

Peter Ferreira

I have been a fan for several years now. I own a Predator and it is because of the incredible customer support they offer. Lynne, Tyler, Christina, Mark and everyone else there is amazing. I spent a half hour on the phone with Tyler trying to upgrade my unit. The download would not work. It was not their fault. I got two numbers in my serial number mixed up and they didn't call me names (which they could have:D), hang up on me, or even laugh. They were completely understanding and professional. IMO there is no other computer worth having. The support is a big part of that.

Shearwater is fantastic. Now I just wish they'd make a Predator but with a larger screen!

I'm so impressed that in a couple of months when the wife allows me I will buy a second Petrel as a backup! That's how impressed I am.

I wish my wife got into diving, I would buy her one too...! Next year I will buy one for my son. He just started diving.

I've got 2 petrel (not a petrel 2). Only about a year old now. I have no idea about their customer service because my experience has been so far that the things just work. I finally did a planned deco dive and found that I needed to switch form OC rec to OC tec, so what's old feels new again :).

I bought a Petrel 2 about a month ago, and as Kelemvor alluded to, the thing just works perfectly right out of the box. So while I haven't experienced Shearwater's customer service yet, it's nice to know that the best divers in the world think so highly of the company and the employees that I put my trust in for every dive now.

Good Company to deal with very user friendly and good update support. Will be purchasing a new petrel and making my current petrel 1 a backup.

Definitely awesome.

I emailed asking if any kind of BT dongle would work with it because the one I had got busted up.
They replied "What's your mailing address, we'll send you a new one".

So awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom