Shearwater: Dive Log Data (End Dive Delay Setup)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soloist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Edit: this issue has been resolved (operator error)

I have been diving a Shearwater Perdix for several years now and couldn’t be happier. However, I find the dive log functionality with regards to registering dives very annoying. Specifically the very limited time span allotted between dives before the computer creates a new dive. For example, we were diving Blue Heron Bridge and surfaced for a couple of minutes to discuss a change in the dive plan. Consequently the computer ended the current dive and began a new dive upon descending. It would be helpful if the duration between dives was extended. I realize log numbers can be edited and dives can be deleted, but it’s inconvenient. Has this been problematic for anyone else?

Setup->Advanced->Advanced Config 1

Change the End Dive Delay setting. I set mine to 5 minutes to avoid these issues.

I'm sure you can also search the manual for End Dive Delay for more details.

Yep, was about to suggest the exact same thing.

Setup->Advanced->Advanced Config 1
Change the End Dive Delay setting. I set mine to 5 minutes to avoid these issues.
I'm sure you can also search the manual for End Dive Delay for more details.

Thank you for the quick response. Evidently the information gleaned from reading the manual didn’t have a lasting effect on me. o_O Setup modification complete. Cheers!

Shearwater Manual:
End Dive Delay
Sets the time in seconds to wait after surfacing before ending the current dive.
This value can be set from 20 seconds to 600 seconds (10 minutes). Default is 60s.
This value can be set to a longer time if you want brief surface intervals connected together into one dive. Some instructors use a longer end dive delay when teaching courses. Alternatively, a shorter time can be used to exit dive mode more quickly upon surfacing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom