Shearwater Did Some Spring Cleaning and...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shearwater

Contributor
Reaction score
We found 5 brand new never used Predator computers. In an unprecedented move that will probably never happen again, we are deciding to sell these directly to our ScubaBoard friends.

So here's the deal:
  • CAD$800 (at this moment Google says that's US$620) including shipping to Canada and the US
  • Only one per person first come first serve until all 5 are gone
  • Standard Shearwater 2 year warranty will apply to these Predators
  • No ScubaBoard PMs please. Send us your purchase email to info@shearwater.com
More about these Predators
These are stand alone units with no cable connections for rebreathers. Rebreather divers can use them in a CC mode with a constant ppO2. They have the capability to handle up to 5 trimix and/or nitrox gases in both OC and CC modes.You can find more details in the Predator manual here: https://www.shearwater.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Predator_Manual_2_3_3.pdf

These Predators will ship out with a fresh SAFT LS14500 battery. This is the battery that we recommend for Predators. Regular 1.5V AA alkaline batteries will not work on Predators.

Predator in Action
The Pipe 2.00_04_27_20.Still001.png

Wow that is a great deal, and thanks for the exclusive on ScubaBoard! I'm sure they will not last long!

I have a Petrel 1 - was a very early adopter as soon as there was an option available that was smaller than the Predator. Do I remember correctly that one of the features people really liked about the Predator was the OLED screen?

You are correct. The Predator does sport a brilliant full color 2.4 inch OLED screen.

@lv2dive OLED was the big sell to the Predator, the big con was that it has to have high voltage 14500 batteries, historically SAFT. Thankfully the 14500 li-po's have come WAY down. I bought a couple of these for my Petrel *now Perdix* and Predator on my Meg. The nice thing with these is that they charge in the same chargers as 18650's so I only have to carry one charger for my backup lights and computer. Can't beat the price since they are cheaper than a single SAFT, they pay for themselves basically on the third recharge.

IMREN IMR 14500 Button Top 700mAh 3.7V Battery - Genuine - Wholesale Discount

5 people are getting a fantastic deal!!! I love my Predators. I'll use my fischer primary for OC and CC dives until it does, and my standalone backup for OC dives until that dies as well.

The screen is fantastic and IMO is so much more pleasing to look at. I only wish they were able to be updated with some of the newer features, stopwatch, scrubber time, etc. I'm sure eventually I'll have to move on to a Petrel and a Perdix for backup, but I'm clinging on to my Predators until they die and can't be saved anymore.

I'd kill for Petrel 2/Perdix guts in a Predator case with the OLED display.

How bout yall "find" some Perdix AI's? :afro:

Back
Top Bottom