Shearwater Desktop & Windows 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I just loaded Windows 10. It wiped out all my Prism2 logs I had previously. I reloaded the the desktop on my laptop. When I went to download my logs off my Petrel (about 60 of them), about 1/2 downloaded, then I got an error message. After that, it refused to load any more of my dives,... kept giving me an error message. I uninstalled/ reinstalled the Bluetooth dongle, I uninstalled/ reinstalled the Desktop, with no success. Any ideas why? What can I do?

How new is the battery in the Petrel? Try swapping the battery first then re-download.

I read on the ScubaPro threads that the Galileo's are having an issue as well. It's the drivers for the irda for the Luna's and Sol's that was their main issue. Not sure if it is the same issue but Windows 10 is a common point.

I read on the ScubaPro threads that the Galileo's are having an issue as well. It's the drivers for the irda for the Luna's and Sol's that was their main issue. Not sure if it is the same issue but Windows 10 is a common point.

The Galileo computers transfer over IRDA, not bluetooth...totally different driver set, but similar issues.

--

I had some issues recently with my Petrel downloading logs. Check if any are really short, like a minute or less. I had a dive in my Petrel that was 39 seconds, and deleting that off the Petrel allowed me to download the rest of the logged dives.

HTH,

Can be fixed!

I am running both Sherwood Desktop and SmartTrak on my Windows 10.

What message are you getting? That would be helpful.

---------- Post added August 19th, 2015 at 08:26 AM ----------

I just loaded Windows 10. It wiped out all my Prism2 logs I had previously. I reloaded the the desktop on my laptop. When I went to download my logs off my Petrel (about 60 of them), about 1/2 downloaded, then I got an error message. After that, it refused to load any more of my dives,... kept giving me an error message. I uninstalled/ reinstalled the Bluetooth dongle, I uninstalled/ reinstalled the Desktop, with no success. Any ideas why? What can I do?

The Galileo computers transfer over IRDA, not bluetooth...totally different driver set, but similar issues.

--

I had some issues recently with my Petrel downloading logs. Check if any are really short, like a minute or less. I had a dive in my Petrel that was 39 seconds, and deleting that off the Petrel allowed me to download the rest of the logged dives.

HTH,

What James says is one of the possibilities.

Have you restored the database from a backup, and tried again? Please screen-shot the error messages.

Had some problems at first, but after renewing the BT drivers downloading went fine.

How new is the battery in the Petrel? Try swapping the battery first then re-download.

Changed it about a month ago (Saft 14500) AA.

---------- Post added August 19th, 2015 at 11:05 AM ----------

Can be fixed!

I am running both Sherwood Desktop and SmartTrak on my Windows 10.

What message are you getting? That would be helpful.

What James says is one of the possibilities.

Have you restored the database from a backup, and tried again? Please screen-shot the error messages.

I'm too technologically illiterate to know how to do a screen shot, but here are the actual messages I am getting-

* Desk top download status window- An Error Occurred downloaded (1/30) Dives
* Message on desk top program- Error 225 Download from dive computer failed
* On Petrel- ISO 14229 Trans Exit seq

I have reset the BT driver a few times.
I have uninstalled & reinstalled Shearwater's desk top program
Rebooted computer a few times
I removed & replaced battery in Petrel, as suggested
no change with anything.

255 is the same error I had...look in your dive computer log for very short dives and delete them was the fix for mine. I had one 39 seconds which caused error 255. Once i manually deleted it from my Petrel, I could download all dives from it.

Thanks for pointing that out James. I missed the bluetooth dongle part. Sorry about that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom