Shearwater Desk top issue.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AJMcc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all,
I am having an issue with my desktop program, it fails to "register" the dives in the program after they download.
This started happening on my MS 8.1 now upgraded to 10. The Predator finds and downloads fine, imports the dives but when I hit the "ok" button nothing appears in the dive log. It did work at one time I have about 50 dives previously logged in the program from this computer, the last dive logged was 2013 so this has been going on for a while.
It works fine on my other PC running XP, has never had an issue and logs them all. A few points below.

- I know Shearwater is a great company with fantastic customer service, I sent an email to them and have not gotten a reply yet. (few days) not worried, they will.
- I have the latest version of the desktop program.
- As mentioned it has no issues finding the Predator and downloading, so not a BT issue.
- I have deleted the program several times and re installed, does not help.
- I have "looked" for security and firewall issues and cannot see anything obvious (I am no tech wizard by any stretch).
- I have googled the issue and cannot find anything.
- I have replaced the battery during this issue and it had no affect.

So while I wait for a response from Shearwater I figured I would ask here to see If anyone has experienced this and was able to repair it themselves?

Appreciate any positive responses, and thank you in advance.

Anthony

I had a similar problem. Also my battery life was not as long as it should have been. The problem was my contacts in the battery compartment. Shearwater had me return my computer and they replaced the silver contacts with gold contacts. Look in your battery compartment and see if your contacts are silver. If they are that could very well be your problem.

Thanks for the reply shellmoundal,
That is a bit confusing, as I have never had a problem downloading the dives, the dive comp is storing them properly, I feel the problem lies in the PC software.
My battery life is good ,always has been and it works properly on my XP desktop...downloads and logs every time I connect it.
The problem is with the logging in the desk top software on my MS 8.1/10 not the Predator (I believe), the Predator stores everything as it should.
I can download on the MS 10 computer, nothing appears in the Desktop program dive log, then take it right over to the XP machine download and all the dives are now logged in the desktop program without issue.
I will look into what your suggesting though, very well might be the issue and The PC diagnoses of mine is a red herring.

Thanks

---------- Post added September 27th, 2015 at 09:28 AM ----------

Got it repaired.
Searched the computer , found a few Shearwater items in "local store" deleted them and a few error logs then opened the program and it was empty.
Downloaded the Predator and this time it found all the dives and imported them into the program correctly.

Back
Top Bottom