Sharkskin Technical Suit Quality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RStyle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Bought a rear zip suit for a dive trip. Before first dive I noticed some loose stitches in the neck seam. By dive two, I had a 4-6 inch gap in my anterior neck seam and another in anterior right shoulder seam.
Bought suit with Amazon and was able to retur item.
I liked the suit ( fit, warmth, weight) so I assumed this was an unfortunate isolated item and I am considering purchase of a front zip full suit.
As I read reviews, I find someone reporting a complete split of the inseam on a suit with very little use.
Is this a recurrent problem? Should I stay away of the brand and consider some other technical suit? Anyone else with similar problems?

I bought a Sharkskin and the outermost layer has delaminated from the rest. I'm sending it buy to the shop I bought it from. I really like the suit, but I'm thinking I should ask for my money back instead of a replacement.

Like you, I like the comfort and wind and temperature advantages of the suit
but hesitant about getting another one. Was hoping for more pro or con
responses. I did meet someone on a trip that had owned one for 2 years without any issues

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom