Sharkskin Dive Wear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bratface

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Has anyone used a rash guard manufactured by Sharkskin? I'm interested because they are warm and neutrally buoyant. It's an Australian brand that is sold in many shops in the US. I don't live in the US and would have to order online, probably from Florida since it's closest.

I am female and wondering how these fit, true to size? I've looked at the size chart and two of my buddies have them and love them, but they are guys. Any help in sizing would be welcome to save me from having to ship it back.

I use the long sleeve shirt. I think they run a little small. I use a 3X sharkskin while I wear 2X shirts. I like my sharkskin in the water but I have found the biggest value for me is on the surface between dives. It really cuts down on the wind chill even when wet.

I use a similar product, Lavacore, which really works as a neutral buoyancy layer underneath my wetsuit. It lets me dive in 74 degree water with a 3mm full suit instead of a 5mm. Sharkskin appears to be better made than the Lavacore brand.

I have the sharkskin shorts and also a full piece back zip. I ordered a women's size US 8 because that's what I am in normal clothing and the sharkskin size 8 fit perfectly, except a bit loose in the tummy area for the full piece

edit: On the size chart of theirs I was between a 6 and an 8 so I ordered the 8 to be safe since I am never a size 6 in clothing!

Back
Top Bottom