Shark Wrangling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nautilus Belle Amie

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
image.jpg
Shark wrangeling is on e of my new favourite things to do in the world!! Its absolutely amazing, almost like a game or a competition between me and the sharks. First they do a round, slowly passing the tuna head bobbing around on the surface, their beautiful blue and black eyes sizing up the situation. One pass, check, 2nd pass a little closer, a little shallower. They do this on repeat until they feel comfortable with the situation and then BOOM its game on! Each shark goes for the bait from a different angle and speed, the bigger older sharks are more strategic than the younger sharks that just charge straight in. On the wrangeling platform your head needs to be on a 360 degree swing watching to see are the comming from under the boat, the left, the right or the really clever ones from the direction of the sun glare on the crystal clear blue water. The behavior of how when a 2 sharks approach the bait at the same time and the smaller of the 2 back away almost showing respect to their elders. On deck we have a game of trying to distract the wrangler because if they get our bait we loose our wrangeling privilege for the day and its the next eager crew members turn. The sharks know, if you take your eyes of the situation for 1 second thats when the go for it, almost as if there watching you as closely as your wathching them. Remember as i explain all of this there are people in the surface cages a couple of feet away fro the action, in my opionion they're the best seats in the house. I love Guadalupe, I love great whites and i love shark wrangeling.

Darryn Jessup

Back
Top Bottom