Shark Repellent Products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surftee

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Recently, I have become fascinated with shark repellent products that are currently on the market and the potential for their use in scuba diving. I am trying to avoid (with good reason) the ridiculously expensive (around $600) shark repellent products such as those found on https://www.sharkshield.com/shop/.

On the other hand, I found out last week from my friend who owns a scuba shop and who recently began stocking products from this company called SharkTec - Shark repellent products | SharkTec . Their products seem to actually be within a reasonable price range of around $25. I have also read many articles on their website that have been produced by a significant number of well-known media outlets and have appeared on the Discovery channel during Shark Week. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with product(s) such as these and what do you think of products such as these? Do you see a wide-spread use for them in the scuba diving community?

Unless you are a surfer, why would you want to repel sharks?

I like seeing sharks while diving. Certainly wouldn't want to repel them. Save the repellent for life raft kits etc.

That's only true if your wide angle lens is installed. Put your macro on and you have to push them out of the way to see the nudibranchs. :wink:

..and THIS is why I love this forum. And SO true!

I like these:

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=19612426.jpg

Endorsed by:
batman-exploding-shark-o.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom