shark diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eab

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hello.

My shop is thinking about putting together a shark dive this fall. They've been skunked the past two years, and are a little shy.

Anyone have a recent, good experience and a place to recommend?

Thanks!

Try calling Capt. Dave Sinclair at Sea Ventures Charters. He runs shark dives off his boat from Port Clyde, ME. Although I haven't been on a shark dive with him, he was my OW instructor and we used his boat for our checkout dives. Dave runs a first-class outfit. My wife, who took her OW class with me says that if she were to ever take another class, she would only trust Dave or his son to teach it. Their website is Diving in Maine, Scuba diving charters, sportfishing cruises, custom boat charters maine..

Not sure where you are diving but I see sharks on most dives. Just look around. They are more prevalent in deeper water but that could just be because the vis is better. I saw sharks on both dives in the boston harbor islands on Sunday. Seems as though once you see one it stays with you for most of the dive. They feed on lobster and are probably attracted because we are lobstering. The most sharks I ever saw on one dive was in Plymouth a few years ago. Got schooled by them. A lot of time you'll see them while scalloping, too. I hate it when you are going up to surface and in midwater doing safety stop and they are swimming around you in circles.

Dockmaster:
Try calling Capt. Dave Sinclair at Sea Ventures Charters. He runs shark dives off his boat from Port Clyde, ME.

Thanks Dockmaster. Looks perfect!

yakdiver1:
Not sure where you are diving but I see sharks on most dives. Just look around.

Thanks yakdiver. Not necessarily just hoping to see them, but interested in a bait ball and/or chumming, a shark cage, etc.

Back
Top Bottom