Shark Dive in Jupiter Full Edited Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IncreaseMyT

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Please make sure your Youtube settings are in HD. I did upload it in 4k the video is amazing there.

Thanks man, it was the first one I did on my own without my sons help, I think I am starting to understand it. So hopefully they will improve as time goes on.

Great viz in the video....Never lose site of the tiger, they ambush us all the time coming from behind.

Yup thats what he said. That you have to watch him at all times. He also tells you in the dive briefing that if he comes up to you that you have to push him away. I did give him a nudge, you just can't see in the video.

The Lemons are the ones I worry about lol. They remind me of the Hyena.

Yup thats what he said. That you have to watch him at all times. He also tells you in the dive briefing that if he comes up to you that you have to push him away. I did give him a nudge, you just can't see in the video.

The Lemons are the ones I worry about lol. They remind me of the Hyena.

They're sneaks who might take a fish and they definitely have dished out most of the bites, but overall by now I'm quite nonchalant about lemons. I did a shark dive off another boat in Jupiter (Salty Divers, Lazy Daze) this past Friday and told my new buddy that if a tiger shows up, it doesn't matter if you have three lemons in your lap; you watch the tiger. On top of being more willing to actually try to get cute, the tiger has a much nastier set of teeth.

Well I personally don't think any of them will bite you unless you had some kind of bait in your hand, even then I don't think they would on purpose, but the Lemons come off as kind of skittish. So I could see them getting bumped or kicked and giving you a reactionary nip. Plus I noticed Josh had a scar and I asked what that was from and he grumbled "gerd darn Lemons".

I honestly didn't get that from the Tiger. He had the most personality no doubt, and just like a dog you could see him ask to bet petted. He would swim at you and roll his eyes back and thats what he wanted, to be rubbed on his head. He was extremely nervous when he first came around and if you didn't give him space I am not sure he would have ever even came over to Josh.

He didn't just come over either, it took us a while to get him comfortable. The end of the second dive and mainly on the 3rd dive is when he would come much closer. Even then you kind of had to provoke him to get him to swim at you, I think describing Tigers as curious is the most accurate. Thats the feeling I got, that he was much more curious than the other sharks. The Bull sharks were the ones that wouldn't come close to us, but they are mating right now one of the females had a big flesh wound on her.

I do agree though that if you didn't pay attention to Patrick he would come closer and closer until you did, but once you acknowledged him he would swim off. Also it really depends on what position you were in that determined if he would even come over to you. Towards the back and middle and he wouldn't, you had to be in line with the bait box on the outside.

I really do believe nearly all shark bites are provoked, or caused due to confusion on the sharks part. Thats one of the reasons I liked this dive so much, it makes me feel a lot more comfortable just being in the water with so many of them and realizing a lot of it is how you present yourself to them. As mentioned just looking them in the eyes makes a big difference. I knew this already from spearing but this really reaffirmed what I thought and had been told. Cause although I had seen a lot of sharks before, the amount of time spent around them pales in comparison to this.

I think sharks have a very bad reputation and they don't nearly live up to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom