Shanghai China

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gramus

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello. Can anyone tell me if there are dive sites around or close to Shanghai China? And if there are what are they like. Vis, depth ect..

There was an old post that said there was not much, but I was wondering if there is anything new, in the sea, or even quarry dives.
Thank you.

I'm a new diver, just passed my certification, so I haven't dived around here yet. I can only tell you the result of my research and what other divers have told me.

There are a few diving clubs in Shanghai, you can find them with a quick research on the internet.

Regarding diving spots, the closest seems to be Qiandao Lake, with a sunken city at the bottom, although I am not quite sure if it's currently open to public.
But amongst the divers I know here, the favorite place for diving seems to be Philippines. Easily accessible by plane, rather cheap, they usually spend extended WE there for diving.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom