Shallow water panic ...and Xtra surprise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish

The man behind the fish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Shallow water panic ...and Xtra surprise
A traveling diver bolts to the surface right at the end of an otherwise peaceful dive. The reason for the panic blows my mind, and maybe yours, too. Dive Pros have to be TOUGH!!!
(Edit: Yikes I've been informed that asthma is no longer an absolute contraindication by some agency standards...now relative with doc's note...though the topic seems contentious).

Panic was the issue, and the asthma attack was caused by it, rather than the asthma causing the panic. It's a small but very important difference. Panic can kill you faster than asthma.

Edit: Yikes I've been informed that asthma is no longer an absolute contraindication by some agency standards...now relative with doc's note...though the topic seems contentious).

Asthma is quite variable in how it affects people, some with it shouldn't even think about diving, others will have no issue with it. It's a matter of knowing ones limitations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom