Shaker Plant dive off the Giant Stride Th AM 11/19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeppermintPaddi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Would anyone be interested in being the 4th diver on the Giant Stride if it visits the Shaker Plant Thursday AM 11/19? So far it's Willie, Chadpeddy and me. Robert will probably have warm water pre-fills for anyone diving wet. Haven't had a Travis viz report for a while. :D

What time are you leaving----sorry, it's been said 100 times but I forget! Any idea of max depth//water temp. and estm. vis, read were vis was down to my comfort zone last trek out! Willie going! Thanks

Let me get back to you. I will be diving Travis tomorrow so will put a report out later in the day.

I may be able to make that trip.

Need times, and if 1 or 2 tank trip etc.

--
Check the dive reports thread, there are some posts by me and others from the last couple weeks.

I'd also like to know times and more details.

I can't commit Robert's schedule, but he's monitoring this thread.

I'd vote for 10AMish off Windy Pt Public? The shuttle doesn't run on weekdays. Normal 2 tank dive trip, maybe both at Shaker Plant? Divers Doing Doubles :D might want to stay put and stay down longer? When I've been before that's been put to a vote amongst the divers.

Both at Shaker will work fine for me, 10am also works.
The dive is going to rock.
Looking at the Lake Travis dive reports of lately, weather forecast (a week out), Boat diving at the shaker plant (mid lake) is good. No rain for Tuesday and Wednesday (could change) before the dive helping the visibility.
Water Temp: Should be ~67deg
Vis ~4ft

Summery of the reports, hope I did not destroy anyone’s report.

10/25
Shaker Plant - Boat Dive; Giant Stride
Water temp is 72 degrees at 62 feet.
Visibility: 6-10 feet most of the dive
Comments: From mooring line, we went north to the wall, found the big down-pipe, kept going until we were 1/2 air then back towards wall turn point. Had a nice dive
Really nice weather at Lake Travis and a really fun charter. Everyone had a good time, though. Great way to spend the day.

10/28
Shaker Plant - Boat Dive; Giant Stride
Water temp is 72 degrees at 67 feet.
Visibility: 5-10 feet at 67 feet
Comments: Even with equipment problems, lose the end of my inflator at about 40' and had to swim my gear up, Everyone had a great time.

11-08-09
Oasis Wall & Shaker Plant
Air Temp 70
Water Temp @ Surface 68
Water Temp @ 55 -68
Vis to 30 - .5 to 3'
Vis 30 to 60 - .5 to 3'

Got my eyeballs on the thread, my day is wide open and reserved for the charter so once you all decide we will lock it in. We could meet at Mansfield Dam, pull your vehicles down the loading ramp and walk the gear to the dock or at Windy Point Public and pull your cars to the flat section across from my standard loading area. Either way works for me.

I took the day off...I'm in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom