Seychelles inner islands shore/day boat diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tamas970

Contributor
Reaction score
Switzerland - way too far from warm seas:(
# of dives
100 - 199
We are considering a family holiday in Praslin this May. Is the shore diving interesting there? This time I don't plan any multi-day trips because our 2-year old comes with us, just a couple of dives for my better half to refresh her scuba skills and 2-3 dives for me. AFAIK May the weather and visibility should be fine, I don't mind if we miss the whalesharks - probably they don't come too close to shore anyway. We are more into nice coral gardens, swarms of fish, macro life combined with great vis.

We are leaving for a holiday in the Seychelles next week. We have four nights in Praslin, I have booked dives with a local shop. I will follow up with you when we return.

Thanks in advance, wish u a nice trip! A friend of mine just returned, unfortunately he is not diving.

I'd appreciate hearing your trip report also as our family of three is planning a trip there in Aug if all goes well. Did you feel the coral bleaching was a serious issue there? Thanks for any details you may offer.

I spent two months in the Seychelles in 2012 diving 2 to 3 times a day. Its ok, certainly doesn't compare to Asia or even East Coast of Africa. I was based mainly on Mahe and our reef in Bay Ternai is probably one of the best on the main island. Bleaching did have a big effect but the reefs are slowly recovering (I was engaged in coral monitoring).

A friend of mine has put together a nice little guide on the Nudibranchs of the Seychelles that you may find useful. Praslin has a fair few sharks and lots of turtles. Try and pop over to Curieuse if you get the chance as well. Obviously the best diving is found in the outer islands like Aldabra, but not easy to get to. On Mahe the some of the best diving is found along Beau Vallon, and there are a number of dive centres there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom