Seychelle Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakay

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are seriously considering a trip to the Seychelle Islands. I need some advice on where to stay and dive. I have heard of Praslin and Mahe.
I do not want a cheap budget trip.(I am thinking that is not available anyway.) Moderate and up would be fine. We are experienced divers.

Best way to get there from the USA?

Thanks.

Best way from Texas to Seychelles is by using Emirates airlines via Dubai

I do not work for Emirates or any of it's subsidiaries but I fly with them several times a month. Having experienced long haul with United earlier this year I can honestly say Emirates are way ahead of most airlines these days.

Not dived in the Seychelles but my daughter has with a marine research group so can't really give you any help with recreational diving etc.

We made a family vacation there in May which was great. I did 6 dives, 2 from La Digue and 4 from Praslin. The best site for me was Shark rock from Praslin: great visibility, a ~1.5m nurse shark, dozens of eagle rays and amazing coral cover. The dives from La Dige were also nice, we saw a mantis shrimp once.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom