Severe injury - San Carlos Beach, California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
The outcome was unknown at publication, but CPR is never a good sign.

Diver hospitalized after being recovered from San Carlos Beach
MONTEREY, Calif. —

A diver is in the hospital after he was recovered from the waters of San Carlos Beach on Saturday afternoon.

Monterey fire Capt. Jason Smith said bystanders were performing CPR on the man before they took over around 3 p.m.

Advertisement
The diver was taken to the Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula.

His condition is unknown at this time.

I do know a friend of mine had a 71 year old student who started to act oddly on a swim back to shore. When they went to him in the water he was unresponsive. The diver was put into an induced coma and would be assessed Sunday night/Monday morning. I have no other updates on his condition. I'll share any additional facts that come my way.

I believe this diver is an instructor. I heard about this incident but don’t have any more details at the moment.

I believe this diver is an instructor. I heard about this incident but don’t have any more details at the moment.

I was at the Breakwater last weekend. The only incident I am aware of that happened last Saturday was my friend's student. The diver was a student, he was unresponsive, he was in the ICU and put in a medically induced coma. I don't have the current status of the person.

Two Saturday's before that Deputy Lyke died while diving at the Breakwater. He was an Assistant Instructor.

I was mistaken, this is a different incident than the one I was thinking of.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom