Settings on C5050 for UW use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

00scuba

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I have a good friend who is wondering a good starting point for the settings on a C5050 camera for U/W usage. Does he put it on the Sport setting to allow for movement of the fish, or what? How bout Auto-focus even though it eats up battery life?

He will be using internal flash.

Thanks,

Sandy

00scuba:
Hi,

I have a good friend who is wondering a good starting point for the settings on a C5050 camera for U/W usage. Does he put it on the Sport setting to allow for movement of the fish, or what? How bout Auto-focus even though it eats up battery life?

He will be using internal flash.

Thanks,

Sandy

What a great question. I have a C5050 and am overwhelmed with the amount of buttons and options, so I too will be lurking and waiting for some feed back.

Dennis

First of all, if you haven't done so already, turn 'All reset' off (OK >> Mode menu >> Setup).
- Use 'P' mode
- Set the ISO to 100
- Turn the flash on to 'Fill' (thunderbolt sign) so it'll always fire
- For close-up work set the AF/Macro/MF to 'Macro' (flower symbol)
- Picture quality setting use SHQ or HQ (depending on your memory size)

Don't worry about full-time AF for now.

Ditto what ReyeR said about the settings. They will get you off to a great start.

I just received my new 5060 today and it has a setting for underwater usage also. Maybe the 5050 has it too, but I'm not familiar with that model. On the 5060 this is found under the Menu, then Camera setting, then accessory, then UW. There are settings for a wide angle usage and for UW housing usage. It also has macro mode (.7-2.6 ft.) and super macro mode, up to (1.2 inches) from subject. Took a number of shots with it on land today, and it is a great little camera. Now it's time for the housing and strobe hunt.
Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps.

Gilligan:
Gilligan, hats off to Peter who has obviously put a lot of work into his website, with full altruistic intentions, but I find there is too much detail in his information. Total information overload for me... :wow_2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom