Servicing in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Codger81

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I'm wondering if you can help me figure out if I can get my XT regs and Transpac XT serviced in Thailand, whether through your dealer or someone else. I'll be on Koh Tao for an extended period, so the closer to there the better.

I understand your only dealer is in Bangkok. I've contacted them twice via Facebook Messenger, once back around March and again recently, and I've not received a clear answer. The first time I was just told there was no service kits and my question about servicing wasn't answered; the second time my question just seems to be ignored.

So far it's frustrating as your dealer isn't much help, and I may need to consider moving to brand I can't service easily.

Please let me know if you can help.

Managed to speak to Lee Ann directly, and she informed me of a new dealer in Samui that should be able help.

There's a guy in Koh Tao who most instructors and dive masters take their regs for service; he probably does hundreds per year. He has been in Koh Tao for many years and is well known. I had my Dive Rite BCD serviced by him December 2016. It is on the main street, same side as the post office. Same street as Cafe De Sol Guest House. He is between the Post Office and the Taco Shack.

Good luck

GJS

There's a guy in Koh Tao who most instructors and dive masters take their regs for service; he probably does hundreds per year. He has been in Koh Tao for many years and is well known. I had my Dive Rite BCD serviced by him December 2016. It is on the main street, same side as the post office. Same street as Cafe De Sol Guest House. He is between the Post Office and the Taco Shack.

Good luck

GJS

Cheers for that. Spoke to an instructor there and he's found someone that can, and i think it's the same place/guy based on location. Just need to get kits now!

Noticed you're in Abu Dhabi. I spent 15 years in AD and 5 in DXB, just left back in March. I figure you bought your gear from Mahara or DiversDown?

Back
Top Bottom