Servicing Aqualung Titan LX Supreme 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EcKy

New
Reaction score
Hello,

for the above mentioned 1st stage I only find service manuals of the old version, which was built until 2009. I have already searched intensively, but found no instructions for the later version titan lx supreme.
(The website http://www.frogkick.dk/manuals/aqualung/ is unfortunately down.)
Maybe someone can provide me with the right document? The manufacturer's values for medium pressure and inhalation resistance and exhalation resistance of the second stages would also help.

Thank you very much.

EcKy

Thank you very much. I had already found the instructions for the core. Is the Core identical to the Titan and does it have the same medium pressure?

In point 6 of the manual a DIN/Yoke adapter (125237) is used for the Core „in order to compress the spring“. But not in a video with the revision of the Titan. Has this to do with whether ACD is present?

yes, the core is identical other than the cosmetic bits for the 2010 and later revision of the titan lx

the titan lx came in two versions, one with acd and one without. the core only comes in the acd version now

Thank you very much, runsongas. In the instructions for the Core two middle pressures are mentioned. For the Core 9.5bar and the Core Supreme 8.5bar.

Since the second stage of my Titan has an engraved snowflake, as far as I know this is also the Supreme version, so the manufacturer's value of 8.5 bar should be correct?

Reactions: Zef
the reasoning to tune it lower to 8.5 bar is to reduce the adiabatic cooling and make it more freeze resistant in cold water below 9C. if you only plan to use it in warm or temperate water, tuning a core supreme to the higher 9.5 bar value is fine too.

Okay, I get it, thank you very much. So far I've only serviced my Apeks and was insecure because I couldn't find any instructions for the Titan. But with your information I dare to do it now. Since I dive in cold water, the 8.5 bar fit. Before the service I measure all actual values, but it's good to know what the manufacturer's specifications are.
Many greetings,
Ecky

the reasoning to tune it lower to 8.5 bar is to reduce the adiabatic cooling and make it more freeze resistant in cold water below 9C. if you only plan to use it in warm or temperate water, tuning a core supreme to the higher 9.5 bar value is fine too.

I know this may not be the perfect thread to discuss this but I am really interested in understanding how the lower IP of a first stage affect the adiabatic cooling. My brain just wants to understand this. Does the reduced IP slightly reduce the volume of gas flowing through the reg affecting the adiabatic cooling process?

-Z

Adiabatic process - Wikipedia

because regulators are depth compensating, the difference in pressure between the IP and the ambient expansion pressure in the 2nd stage is relatively fixed . so by changing the IP, you lower the pressure expansion ratio and the change in internal energy between the two adiabat curves. this translates to less cooling of the second stage surfaces and less ice buildup.

I know this may not be the perfect thread to discuss this but I am really interested in understanding how the lower IP of a first stage affect the adiabatic cooling. My brain just wants to understand this. Does the reduced IP slightly reduce the volume of gas flowing through the reg affecting the adiabatic cooling process?

-Z
All aspects of the flow (pressure, volume, rate) are interrelated and will affect the adiabatic cooling effect. I am not an engineer or physicist, but I think that the lower IP for a Supreme is basically shifting some of the cooling effect from the 2nd stage to the 1st stage, where there is a greater volume and surface area of metal, and thus a more efficient heat exchange with the surrounding water. At a slight cost of performance. WOB for Core is 0.80 joules/liter, while Core Supreme is 0.84.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom