Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsldonk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was having trouble with my reefmaster mini and sent it to Sealife in August of last year. I still have not heard anything at all concerning my camera, I do not know what is wrong with it, what they are going to do to fix it, if it is covered under warranty and if not, how much it will cost to fix.

This on top of numerous problems I had with the thing which prompted me to return it for service in the first place. I have tried to contact Sea life, but so far have not had a response. At this point I would just like to get a refund so I can get a camera that will actually work.

rsldonk,

It is very unusual for service not to contact you at all conscenring a returned camera. I can do a little digging to see what has happened if you could PM me your name, address and email. Also I would need to know if it was sent in through a shop or directly to us.

Once I get this info, I can look into it and get back to you.

Regards,
Joe

I called earlier today and had it resolved. Thank you.

Well, don't keep us in suspense....What was the problem and the solution?????

He was only getting blurry pics of his eye.

Not exactly sure what the issue came from, but I have suspicions. What was happening is that half my pictures would just snap all black and the other half would be really grainy.

My suspicion is that because it would burn through 2 AAs on a single tank, that when I was on the surface and attempting to change batteries, moisture got inside the camera either from wet hands/equipment or more likely just the Cozumel humidity. As the mini is single construction with no housing, and I was getting condensation inside as well, that it was just destined to not work well.

The solution is that Sealife is replacing it with a DC1200, which is not the single, no housing construction and also has a rechargeable battery that supposedly lasts through 2+ tanks.

If that is a no cost swap, you got a very good upgrade by most accounts.

Yes it was. I am pretty satisfied. The mini's appetite for AAs sucks.
:shocked2: Wow! Score!

The one thing to remember ith the minis is not to use standard AA's. It will eat through those in a matter of minutes. We recommend the Energizer E2 Lithiums or rechargeable NiMh 2350 or higher. Your regular duracells or energizers will get sucked up pretty quick as will any other digital camera.

Glad to hear they took care of you.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom