Service kit / O-ring spec for PST HP Steel Tanks & Sherwood Genesis 5k psi valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mathauck0814

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Vermont, California, Australia and the Upper Keys
Does anyone know what size O-rings are required for the valves shipped commonly on the HP PST steel tanks? Specifically looking for the tank neck O-ring. I've struck out finding viton/O2 compatible service kits so I'm hoping they're standard sizes that I can cobble up.

That is not it however... My tank has a PST pro-valve (convertible to DIN) marked 3442 psi and the link you sent me states that it is for valves marked 3500 psi. I never realized what a challenge it will be finding an o-ring for this tank. I have been looking for a while without success. Even my LDS picked up a few of those brown Vitons that supposed to match only to be a mismatch too. Needless to add that the generic kits have none that fits it.

Any suggestions? This is a convertible valve so I assume I can always buy a new adapter ?

3500psi tanks have narrower threaded neck that takes a smaller tank neck o-ring. 3442psi tanks use the same standard 3/4" threading on their valves and the same tank neck o-ring as most tanks. What you want are these LP Tank Neck O-Rings - Viton - Northeast Scuba Supply

If you're talking about the o-rings for the adaptor faces, the one that goes into the tank valve side is a DIN o-ring, and the one that sits facing outside to mate with the yoke reg is a regular old yoke o-ring.

3500psi tanks have narrower threaded neck that takes a smaller tank neck o-ring. 3442psi tanks use the same standard 3/4" threading on their valves and the same tank neck o-ring as most tanks. What you want are these LP Tank Neck O-Rings - Viton - Northeast Scuba Supply

If you're talking about the o-rings for the adaptor faces, the one that goes into the tank valve side is a DIN o-ring, and the one that sits facing outside to mate with the yoke reg is a regular old yoke o-ring.

Oops... yeah the o-ring I am looking for is not for the neck but for the yoke face. That is the one I have been looking and cannot find. Sorry for the confusion. Mixed up the O-rings.

Oops... yeah the o-ring I am looking for is not for the neck but for the yoke face. That is the one I have been looking and cannot find. Sorry for the confusion. Mixed up the O-rings.

111s or 112s should do the job. There are 2 clearly different sizes in common use.

Back
Top Bottom