service kit for O2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the mann

New
Reaction score
I want to used my DS-V for a stage who will have 50% or 100% (depending of the dive) is the regular service kit used EPDM or viton o-ring like apeks or we need a special service kit for O2 application? If yes can we get the O2 kit for free like the regular kit when doing anual service?

Tank you

Scott, I'm in the same boat as well, and would like to O2 clean my DS-V. With the special service kit, is it just Viton O-rings that are different, or is there special O2 safe diaphragm etc. that set it apart? The company I work for orders millions of O-rings annually from a major here in Canada, and they inform me that they stock a full size selection of Viton rings, in both 70 and 90 duro, and can supply me with small batches for personal use. Is there any reason I would require the special kit, or can I just swap Viton rings into the standard kit and be ready for oxygen use?

Thanks,
Jim

I just had a thought pop into my head, and I can't seem to find the answer in the regulator manual. Are Zeagle's regulators assembled from the factory using Silicone lube or Christolube, or something similar? Also I guess it's a safe assumption that since you need to buy a Viton kit, they are assembled with Buna rings?

Thanks,
Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom