Serious scuba publication

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there any market for a scuba diving magazine that relies on serious journalism? All the magazines that are in circulation on news stands seem to be advertisements for resorts and diving gear. If there was a magazine that features industry news, controversies, real accidents, lawsuits, along with highlighting rising personalities and insights into unusual expeditions then would it have a hard time getting sponsors?

Who would be in?

The market seems saturated already and the magazine industry is dead anyway.

Cameron

True but it is saturated with nonsense. Except for some issues of Wreck Diver which is 4 issues a year I think? And DAN's publication.

True but it is saturated with nonsense. Except for some issues of Wreck Diver which is 4 issues a year I think? And DAN's publication.
Please see Post #3. The magazine is everything you are asking for.

Undercurrent?
Undercurrent isn't really a magazine. It's kind of a jumbled mess that you have to sort through. Definitely not what I'd call "serious journalism".

I like it and have had a subscription to the site for a few years, but I don't think it's what the OP was asking for.

Back
Top Bottom