September roll call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

9/13 - 9/23

Centro Airbnb and Aldora.

Diving with XTC in Xcalak for 2-3 of those days

9/13 - 9/23

Centro Airbnb and Aldora.

Diving with XTC in Xcalak for 2-3 of those days

I had to look that up. How do you even get there??

Edit: I finally saw the airstrip.

You drive. That airstrip is barely maintained and only for small private planes.
Was there a few years back and the airport was a military encampment. Tent City for the troops doing the anti smuggling patrols. Half the dirt floored fisherman's homes in town had bright shiny new Yamaha 4 wheelers out front.

Arriving 9/15 to 10/6. Diving with Kami and Steve at Liquid Blue and staying in Corpus Christi!

I'll be there Sept 21st - 28th. Diving with 3P, not sure on where we are staying yet but probably Casa Mexicana. Maybe Villablanca... Or maybe Blue Angel? I dunno yet.

First time we stayed at Hotel Cozumel and I would again but the beds are so hard my arms would fall asleep. We liked Casa Mexicana but would like it to be on the shore so we can relax on the water and do some shore diving whenever we'd like... Any suggestions?

I'll be there Sept 21st - 28th. Diving with 3P, not sure on where we are staying yet but probably Casa Mexicana. Maybe Villablanca... Or maybe Blue Angel? I dunno yet.

First time we stayed at Hotel Cozumel and I would again but the beds are so hard my arms would fall asleep. We liked Casa Mexicana but would like it to be on the shore so we can relax on the water and do some shore diving whenever we'd like... Any suggestions?
The beds at Blue Angel are firm but not (to me, anyway) uncomfortably so. The shore diving is very good by local standards and access to the water is only a few feet from the dive shop. The restaurant/bar there is excellent and the pool is very nice although not all that big. The hotel and the grounds are pretty small, so everything is close by; I can get from my room to the dock in about a minute max.

The rooms are large and well insulated from each other, though you will hear some street sounds. It's a little rustic but clean and the A/C minisplits work well. The water in the showers takes a while to get hot, and the wifi is spotty in the rooms though usually pretty good in the lobby. It's a four story building and there is no elevator.

I stay there every time I go to Cozumel; it checks all the boxes for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom