Sept. 6, 2009 Nanoose area dive photos/reports.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That octo out in the open is sooo cool, sweet

Nice photos, thanks.

I just recently found out about The Jib too. We did a couple of dives there this past Saturday. On the first dive we descended right off the beach and scootered for over 20 minutes to the right. Our average depth was 150' and there was no bottom under us for most of the ride. The wall was really extensive. The closer we came to the outer point of the bay the more life we began to see. The were a lot of boot sponges on the wall at out turn point. We saw three cabezon and five rat fish on the dive.

The second dive we swam at an average depth of 130'. We didn't cover as much ground and so didn't see nearly as much life.

Nice pics as usual Marc.

Not that I'm jealous but a few of us dove Belcarra today and had about 10' vis on the surface go down to near zero at depth. I literally had to put my hands out in front of me so I wouldn't bump into something.

Not to hijack the thread but I recently went through Dodds narrows (in a boat) and am looking forward to drifting it soon! I also dove off Burial Island in Dengen bay (Gabriola) and encountered a push me pull you current. Half the dive out was with, half against current and the return was exactly the opposite.

So the wall gets much deeper the farther you go to the right?

Yes, I think so. We basically descended right in front of the path to 150'. The bottom was sloping silt at this spot. We turned right and hit the first rock within a couple of minutes. This is likely another wall below the one you were diving - we had some friends diving in the 80'-100' range above us. It seemed more like a series of steps rather than a true vertical wall.

For the entire ride we may have seen a couple of gaps where it turned back into sloping silt but for the most part it was a continuous wall. We probably covered around a kilometer of wall. Towards the end it turned into a true vertical wall. Much more life growing and swimming on the wall at this point.

Back
Top Bottom