Sept 10-12 Possible Swamper Camp Out at Windy Pt Private

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeppermintPaddi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
:hijackedthread:

Lake Travis Scuba has spoken. The 6th is the official Labor Day Moday holiday. If the following weekend works for enough people I can probably take off early Friday and stake out a camp site. And get in a dive or 2. :D I'm not much at organizing so all you BBQ champs can do your thing. The rest of us can bring our own food. LTS might run a few extra dive trips for us. What is the will of The Swamp?

I've already made my LTS reservation for Saturday morning (9/11). I definitely plan to be down there that weekend, but I don't have any camping gear at all so I'll be camping out at the nearest Motel 6 or Holiday Inn. I just certified this past weekend, but hopefully I'll still be breaking in a whole new set of gear down there. One item I hadn't planned to buy right away that the LTS confirmation e-mail mentioned was a light, so I'll have to look around for this now also.

Really pumped about diving down there that weekend. I'm hoping to find the time to hit the water between now and then with the new gear. Since my deepest dives so far are only about 32', I'm pretty sure I'll be hitting deeper waters there. Anyway, short of something unforeseen popping up count me in sans the camping part.

without looking at the calender I am down for that weekend, heck I dive there almost every weekend anyway haha!

I resemble this remark too. I'm sure Zinc will want in.

without looking at the calender I am down for that weekend, heck I dive there almost every weekend anyway haha!

Lake Travis Scuba will put together charters to accomodate the Swampers. We can do several one tank dives, the standard two tank charters and weekend Sunset charters as needed. I will watch the thread to see what the attendees interests are and schedule accordingly.

The 12th is the day of the cleanup. Robert indicates that the Giant Stride is full, but there are still spots for a boat dive with Oak Hill Scuba or the Shoe Krewe. Of course there are a couple of shore dives with Pisces and University scuba clubs along with Deep Blue Scuba.

Sidemounts are used a lot in cave and wreck diving. The tanks are attached at your sides rather than your back. Easier to reach valves and you can get through tighter spots.

Back
Top Bottom