Sensus Pro Dive Data Recorder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So far I think it is pretty nice. Someone else I know can't view dives after more than a day old. If you get a group of people, you can get special pricing for around $74.

The SENSUS PRO is an ecxellent alternative compared to the quite expensive download interfaces of dive computer manufacturers. In many cases the SENSUS PRO is less expensive. A download interface is some device on your desk, the SESNSUS PRO is actually a real piece of equipment. When stepping into digital diving you will discover totally new features and possibilities. But first of all recording a dive is meaningful in case of DCS. The Centre of Hyperbaric Medicine Antwerp (treating all DCS in Belgium & the Netherlands) has all the facilities to use the SENSUS PRO data for their diagnosis. Beside this safety issue digital diving is the added value. Of course software takes here a key-position and it will determine what is possible and what not. ScubaBase is the best software of choice and has a build-in software interface for bi-directional communication with the SENSUS PRO (you will find plenty of info about ScubaBase and the SENSUS PRO on the ScubaBase web pages: www.scubabase.be). Digital diving allows you to make extensive searches in your logbook data for many years back, keeps track of statistics, stores profiles, perhaps shows you the inert gas compartment loadings, and many more. When the software features the calculation of inert gas compartment loadings it probably has a build-in dive planner. Studying your graphical dive profiles on your computer monitor is extremely instructive and will eventually lead to better diving.
For tec-diving the range of the SENSUS PRO is rather attractive: 150 m / 500 ft. Because of its size and its range it is the perfect instrument to record apnea dives and training schedules (the interval of measurement may vary from 1 to 127 seconds. For apnea a 1 or 2 seconds interval is best).

I love mine! I used it before I purchased a computer, and I still use at as a back up. If you aren't interested in any of the data when you are diving it is great. Small and does the job well. I can't say I have any complaints, worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom