Sensorcon 20% discounts thru April 25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
They make several units, but the basic $139 CO Inspector is really handy for travelers & divers. Get it now for $111 using PROMO CODE: SPRING2018 at check-out. See Portable Carbon Monoxide Detector Meter (CO Inspector)

This unit weighs just 4 ounces, it's rugged & waterproof on the surface, and it includes a handy steel alligator clip with lanyard loop. I carry mine everywhere, great for monitoring vehicle safety, and you know that hotel rooms almost never have CO alarms.

It can further be used to test tank gases as it's accurate to 1 ppm in low range, +/- 10% at ambient conditions, plus +/- 10% after six months since calibration. Some divers have rigged low flow 1/4" hoses, but I just use freezer quality gallon ziplocks to trap tank air. Warning: crack tank valve first, then place bag over. I once sent a unit flying overboard by cracking a tank with the bag already placed! Fortunately it trapped enough air to float until we could turn the boat and retrieve it.

My current unit is nearly 2 years old (they replaced my first one after a mailing error when I sent it in for calibration in 2016), but I figure it's still accurate enough, with less than 2 ppm variance. I leave it on all of the time but they will replace the battery when I send it in for calibration this summer.

The 20% discount does not apply to calibration services, but at $39 every other year - I am not bothered.

I have an Analox unit that they discontinued. Due to the high cost of the replacement Analox sensor I decided to purchase the Sensocon unit instead. Very happy with it and would highly recommend it.

I have an Analox unit that they discontinued. Due to the high cost of the replacement Analox sensor I decided to purchase the Sensocon unit instead. Very happy with it and would highly recommend it.
The flow restrictor dome from the Analox will bit the inlet of the Sensorcon.

I don't know the life expectancy of the Sensorcon sensor, but at this price, not worried. Their customer service couldn't answer that, but did claim they check it at cal-service.

Yes! It makes for a great combination.

I have an Analox flow restrictor that I use for analyzing nitrox (on all oxygen sensors when I travel since I don't have my own). I guess (hope!) that flow restrictor should work well with the Sensorcon? :)

I have an Analox flow restrictor that I use for analyzing nitrox (on all oxygen sensors when I travel since I don't have my own). I guess (hope!) that flow restrictor should work well with the Sensorcon? :)
The dome flow restrictor of an Analox O2 analyzer will fit. I guess that's what you have. altho I am not clear on your wording in bold.

Ah, ok, then I know nothing about using that. Let us know.

Thanks for the heads up. I purchased one of these today. I plan to post a video review when I get it.

Back
Top Bottom