selling my Mares Avanti Quatro ABS fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EBBnyc

Registered
Reaction score
I bought a pair for myself and my girlfriend and want to sell them! We used them ONCE this past weekend. On the same day, we borrowed our guide's Scubapro Jet Fins for one dive and liked those better. This was our first scuba purchase and maybe we did it without enough research... Oh well, any offers?

Hers are blue small, mine are black regular... paid $70 each, would like to see 'em go for $45 each... (o.b.o.)

email me at ebbnyc@excite.com and we can figure something out!

is try Ebay..

Then get Apollo Bio-fins :)

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, But personaly I'd like to see you try to sell them some other place.

Imagine trying to read through a bunch of ads trying to pick out information to learn something more about scuba! get the idea?

At the bottom of this page are links.

Try Scuba classifieds

Have you ever thought of starting a classifed thread? At least the folks here are regualr divers and know what's what. Still, I see your point.

So while I'm on the subject, I'll tell you that the fellow at the shop said NOT to buy those Jet Professionals because "You'll need legs like Arnold Schartzeneger..." Well, maybe Arnold 10 years ago - becuase they were way smoother than the Mares.

Thoughts...?

Originally posted by EBBnyc

So while I'm on the subject, I'll tell you that the fellow at the shop said NOT to buy those Jet Professionals because "You'll need legs like Arnold Schartzeneger..." Well, maybe Arnold 10 years ago - becuase they were way smoother than the Mares.

Thoughts...?

Hi EBBnyc,

Thanks for the info, I use the Mares Quatros. I like them.
But I have never tried anything else. Yet!

I have thought about trying splitfins. I am training toward technical diving and some say splitfins are no good there. But that argument is on another thread.:boom:

I'm not talking about split fins - these were older (1st generation?) jet fins that are black, kinda wide and just have 3 holes at the top of the blade after the toe. I think they're called Jet "pro" fins. I've never tried split fins, but my gut tells me it's too much of a gimick...

Oh, oh... time for that old argument again........

No argument here. I can't Say.
I have not tried any other fins yet. Splitfins or Paddlefins.
So.......... My Quatros work well for me, and I am still openminded about listening to suggestions about what may work better.

Thanks for the clarification though, (that you weren't talking about splitfins). I may go take a look at those since you say they work better.

I have the Jets and I like them. I also have the Mares Volos and they are incredably easy kickers. Legs never get tired.

By the way the size difference in Jets that are large and xtra large is huge. The size of the fin is much much larger. I use them with my dry suit. Volo's for most other things.

If you want easy kickers get splits or volo's though. The quatro and jets take a lot of strength. Your girlfriend probably wont like the jets either. Unless she works out alot.

Hey everyone ....Thanks for all your feedback
i got the tusa split fins ..i tried a few and they seem to feel the best .....i think fin type goes on the the best fit so its a different type of fin for everyone, Thanks again :mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom