Self-Reliant Diver (Solo Diver) Certification in DFW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgaryclark

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm interested in obtaining the PADI Self-Reliant Diver certification. My LDS does not teach that course and I've called around to a couple of others without success. Anyone know a shop or instructor in the area that is qualified to teach the course?
Thanks.

Hi @jgaryclark! I recommend International Scuba in Carrollton for this. A few of their staff can teach this and they all teach an excellent class.

Otherwise, I could technically teach this class if I sent a form and a bit of cash to PADI. For being my first student I would give you a special deal... :wink: But yeah, Rich, Kevin, and Mike from International can all teach this class and have experience doing so I would venture to say. Bjorn Loftis (search Bjorn Loftis Diving on Facebook) is another independent instructor, if you’ve no luck with IS. I have personally worked with all of these instructors and have had nothing but positive experiences.

I'm interested in obtaining the PADI Self-Reliant Diver certification. My LDS does not teach that course and I've called around to a couple of others without success. Anyone know a shop or instructor in the area that is qualified to teach the course?
Thanks.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any SDI/TDI shops that teach SDI Solo?

DW

@fxb, thanks for your recommendation...much appreciated. I'll reach out to International Scuba.
@Dark Wolf, I'm unfamiliar with SDI/TDI...I'm assuming that question is meant for @fxb.

Sorry if I was unclear. It was meant for you, I was wondering if you were set on PADI or if the SDI Solo class would be an option for you.

DW

I took the SDI solo class and was pleased with the coursework. It prepared me well and provided good instruction and skills. As with any course though, the instructor makes all of the difference. I'd recommend going in and talking with who will be teaching the class before signing up for it.

Thanks for clarifying. I’ll check them out too. Just curious, any significant differences between PADI and TDI? Does one have better reputation as providing better training (all things being equal like instructor competence)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom