SEI Equivalents

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WolfeDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know why there is not equivalency posted for SEI certifications and PADI Certifications? Most of the other major training agencies have equivalencies, but I do not see one for SEI

Thanks in Advance

You will not see most agencies equivalencies. There are too many agencies worldwide to list them all. Plus each certification agency may have its own view of what would be equivalent. If agency A thinks it is and agency B thinks it is not it would very much depend on who puts the list together.

There are all kinds of equivalence tables out there, some of them out of date, but none of them include SEI as far as I know.

The reason for looking it up is important; there are three common reasons: (1) someone wants to take an agency XYZ course but has an SEI cert; do they meet the prereq specified by XYZ? (2) the opposite, i.e. some one has an XYZ cert but wants to take and SEI class, so they meet the prereqs? Note that (1) and (2) are not necessarily the same lists! (3) some diver operator says you need (for example) a PADI AOW card to go on the dive boat...what is the SEI equivalent?

So, OP, why do you ask?

When I started Diving, ALL of my certifications are SEI Diving. Open Water Adv L2 & L3, DRAM, Ice Diver, Dry Suit, Nitrox, Search & Recovery - Public Safety Diver Level 1 Awareness, Equipment Service, and DiveMaster. Having moved to South Carolina, everything is PADI, so I am having to switch things over in order to work and affiliate with the LDS. I could not find out anything really based on my SEI Certifications, they could however tell me based on my CMAS Certifications, which I hold 3; 2 and 3 Star Diver and 1 Star Instructor. It would be nice to see what the Equivalences between PADI and SEI are, however, I believe SEI exceeds PADI standards

Again, it is not clear why you are asking. (As in the other thread you started on this.)
PADI will not issue you a cross-over card, at any level. They will accept your SEI card if you are going to take a class for a higher-level PADI card....but that depends on what PADI says and accepts, not what SEI says. Looking at your certs, You could take the PADI Divemaster class, or possible enter an IDC. Repeat: you are not going to get a PADI card at any level unless you take a PADI class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom