Seeking videos on various kicking styles, fin types

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Banaticus

Registered
Reaction score
One guy said;
Actually, if you have the discipline to maintain the proper small amplitude kick while increasing the frequency of kicking, then the splits are still more efficient even at the highest speeds. Several tests, by different magazines and groups have consistently shown that divers using split fins can achieve the highest sustained speed. If you keep kicking the same way, whether or not you are in a current makes no difference. It's just speed through the water. If you panic and start kicking harder and wider, though, then the splits perform horribly.
Anyone have any links to videos showing the different types of kicks and how they relate to different fin types? I've found a lot of descriptive text and archived threads from this forum link to videos that have since been removed, but those don't help very much.

Edit: I'm looking for free videos. I'm not looking to spend $$$ on some manufacturer's videos so that I can turn around and pay that manufacturer more $$$ to buy fins.

Thanks, I was wondering what the back kick looked like. :)

At least in the time I've been on the board, nobody has ever offered any video clips that compare the behavior of split/soft versus paddle fins doing various kicks. I've SEEN such video (my Fundies class) but it's not on the web.

There are several sources for video of various kicks done using paddle fins. The DiveTek site is one of the most complete.

Back
Top Bottom