Seeking Hookah system recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetb4igetinthewater

Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I'm looking for a hookah system for cleaning the bottom of my boat in summer, removing/setting the chain for the mooring line where I tie up my boat in summer, and general farting around (like tying a float to the bottom).

I've ruled out a DIY version as I don't feel like being nominated for a Darwin Award (and too late, I've already reproduced anyway).

I'm not looking at spending over $2000. My requirements are support for 20 feet, at only 30 minutes max at a time. The work I need to do won't take that long.

I was looking at this:
Looking for people's experiences/recommendations for commercially available systems that don't break the bank.

And yes, I can use scuba to do this, but bringing dive gear sometimes is a pain. I could take my rebreather and be down there for hours, but I won't. Having something I leave at the house is ideal.

I carry an old steel 72 in my boat to power the air horn. I have a 30' LP hose on a reg set. If i need to get under the boat for cleaning or inspection, I just jump over with the second stage in my mouth and leave the tank up on the boat.
It is a much cheaper option if it could work for you.

Back
Top Bottom