DIR- GUE Seeking Fundies I buddy for possible May/June 2019 course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dewdropsonrosa

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm pausing in the middle of the NSS-CDS Full Cave progression to improve my technique and gain more experience before moving on to more challenging diving.

I'm considering Fundies Part I (a two-day course) with Kyle Harmon in High Springs, FL in May or June 2019. This would be a weekend course, possibly diving on Friday to free up Sunday night for flying home. I'd be looking at Part II for some time in August.

Would you like to be my course buddy? About me:

• Will have around 325 recreational/light technical dives by course time
  • Almost done with NSS-CDS Basic Cave, mid-course with TDI AN/DP
  • Aiming to reach technical pass performance standards
  • Diving in doubles with drysuit
  • Based in Chicago, can provide SUV with ample cargo space for carpool/team driving for another local diver or someone to pick up on the way (if more practical than flying)

I'm pausing in the middle of the NSS-CDS Full Cave progression to improve my technique and gain more experience before moving on to more challenging diving.

I'm considering Fundies Part I (a two-day course) with Kyle Harmon in High Springs, FL in May or June 2019. This would be a weekend course, possibly diving on Friday to free up Sunday night for flying home. I'd be looking at Part II for some time in August.

Would you like to be my course buddy? About me:

• Will have around 325 recreational/light technical dives by course time
  • Almost done with NSS-CDS Basic Cave, mid-course with TDI AN/DP
  • Aiming to reach technical pass performance standards
  • Diving in doubles with drysuit
  • Based in Chicago, can provide SUV with ample cargo space for carpool/team driving for another local diver or someone to pick up on the way
I also suggest posting this on the Southeast Underwater Explorers FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/966551463492541/

IMHO, I've only finished part 1, but Fundies shouldn't be about "getting a tech pass".

If you learn something and improve as a diver, consider it a success even if all you walk away with is the experience of taking the course.

There are trimix and cave INSTRUCTORS who don’t get a tech pass out of the gate- there is no reason to encourage unrealistic expectations. @dewdropsonrosa has indicated she is taking the class to improve her skills, it’s fine to be targeting a tech pass but there is no “should” about getting it. She very well might achieve a tech pass but it’s not realistic to come in with that expectation. Even people who have been diving with GUE divers may have one or two items they need to improve to get a tech pass.

You should do the full 4 day course and “should” get a tech pass.

I have such strong feelings about what @EireDiver606 said that I rejoined this user group just so I could post this.

I would listen to @kensuf and @lv2dive and ignore what @EireDiver606 said. That kind of attitude does GUE a great disservice.

(Now, if I could only get rid of that "DIR Practitioner" under my username...I don't labels.)

If FL wasn't so dang far away (in time and money) I would do it with you as an OC refresher. (my fundies was back in 2004 lol)

There is an exciting new GUE Facebook group in the midwest called: GUE-USA Midwest_ish
(I'm in Nashville, technically not the midwest, which might be why "ish")

We have a couple of folks on the verge of taking Fundies too. This would a be a great opportunity to meet other local GUE-leaning divers at the same level of diving progression.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/892017424521813/

If FL wasn't so dang far away (in time and money) I would do it with you as an OC refresher. (my fundies was back in 2004 lol)

Stand by for a couple of months. I'm coming to UW for grad school in September. :)

I may be up for a refresher or a repeat to keep my skills up around that time.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom