[SEEKING FEEDBACK] Tecline LightJet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drashka

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello ! Owned of a glorious pair of Avanti Quattro I'm building a carry on friendly setup.
I'm in between Apeks RK3 (nothing to add) and the tecline new lightweight jet style. As it's a product from Europe it's quite hard to find review or feedback here.

Any happy or unhappy owner can tell me a bit more about this fin ?

(And yes I considererdthe Eddy Deep6 but taxes to import US Gear in France are expensive)

Thanks by advance !

As I have tried all RK3, Dee6 Eddy, and TECLINE lightjet. I'd say the eddy and lightjet are identical. But currently tecline has a softer compound, which is more comfortable to foot pocket while compromises performance in comparison to Deep6.
The stiffness of LJ is in between RK3 and D6, if you add RK3 HD into the list then stiffness are in this order (RK3, LJ, RK3 HD, EDD6)
all fins, except RK3HD are neutrally buoyant. but in sea water LJ is the most positively buoyant, even with SS spring strap.

I have the Tecline lightjet fins and have used the RK3s. TBH there is little difference between them other than maybe the teclines are a little softer and lighter. But in terms of power whilst using I was unable to tell the difference in the real world. I dive warm water so the lack of weight is not an issue for me. Reasons I got the tecline instead of the RK3's was there was a decent deal on them saving a significant amount of money for no real difference in performance. Never tried Eddy fins so cant give any details on that.
Would I buy tecline fins again...yes, for warm water and travel fins you cannot go wrong with them in my opinion, they are actually coming with me to Seychelles in July. Ill also most likely be buy my son and Wife a pair as well

What sizes have you been using on RK3 and Lightjets?
I have RK3 HD size Super, which is probably same as XL, and I'm thinking of buying Lighjets. Any idea if RK3 Super/XL and Lightjet XL are similar size?

I used super for RK3, but I use L for Lightjets with EU45 5mm wet boots.
if your shoe sizes EU45 and above you can also fit in Lightjet's XL.

Orange fin: Apeks RK3 HD Super
Smaller Blue fin: Tecline Lightjet L
Bigger Blue fin: Tecline Lightjet XL

Girlfriend had the Tecline Lightjet size L and she likes those.
Ordered the Tecline Lightjet XL and had to make an extension to the spring (three loops of chain) to get it even close to the RK3 HD size. The footpocket on Tecline is much shorter and feels really weird after Apeks RK3. Teclines are nice because they are stiff and neutral. But because of the footpocket I'm probably gonna sell the Teclines and keep searching for perfect fins (stiff & neutral) for sidemount wetsuit diving.

1691690694350.png
1691690710065.png

1691691233594.png

Attachments

• 1691691220684.png
    1691691220684.png
    791.1 KB · Views: 31

Back
Top Bottom