Seeking Beta on diving Grenadines and Grenada?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello...

I searched the forums and couldn't find anything that really answered my questions. That said, I'm new here so maybe I missed something.

We are bareboating a catamaran from Grenada at the end of May. The guys are flying down together to pick up the boat and making a hard and fast sail up to St. Vincent where we'll pick up the wives. After that, we'll leisurely make our way back down through the Grenadines back to Grenada. We will be renting tanks and weights in Grenada from Native Spirit SCUBA.

I've found that beta on diving in this reason is sparse at best. No dive guide books like I had for the BVI. I am not even confident in how easy it will be to get our tanks filled. Tank rentals for the duration of our trip will be $84US per tank (renting 2 tanks per diver) and $42US per weight set. If we spend the money on tanks and weights and make the effort to bring our SCUBA gear all the way down there, I want to be sure I'll be able to find some good dive sites and be able to fill our tanks easily enough so that we can dive them when we find them. So...a few questions:

1) Does anyone know of any type of guide book...printed or online?
2) Where are all the fill sites between St. Vincent and Grenada? So far, I'm only finding them in Bequia, Union, and Carriacou.
3) Assuming I'm not missing a good guide, how likely am I going to be able to find good dive sites?
4) How open to helping out bareboaters will the local dive shops be? Will they be tight lipped since we're not diving with them?
5) ANY other intel on this will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank you!

Hello...

I searched the forums and couldn't find anything that really answered my questions. That said, I'm new here so maybe I missed something.

We are bareboating a catamaran from Grenada at the end of May. The guys are flying down together to pick up the boat and making a hard and fast sail up to St. Vincent where we'll pick up the wives. After that, we'll leisurely make our way back down through the Grenadines back to Grenada. We will be renting tanks and weights in Grenada from Native Spirit SCUBA.

I've found that beta on diving in this reason is sparse at best. No dive guide books like I had for the BVI. I am not even confident in how easy it will be to get our tanks filled. Tank rentals for the duration of our trip will be $84US per tank (renting 2 tanks per diver) and $42US per weight set. If we spend the money on tanks and weights and make the effort to bring our SCUBA gear all the way down there, I want to be sure I'll be able to find some good dive sites and be able to fill our tanks easily enough so that we can dive them when we find them. So...a few questions:

2) Where are all the fill sites between St. Vincent and Grenada? So far, I'm only finding them in Bequia, Union, and Carriacou.
3) Assuming I'm not missing a good guide, how likely am I going to be able to find good dive sites?
4) How open to helping out bareboaters will the local dive shops be? Will they be tight lipped since we're not diving with them?

Thank you!
Did you end up doing your bareboat trip or did COVID completely squash it? We're doing a two week bareboat out of St Vincent next week and are looking for diving info. We plan to dive with local shops throughout the trip but also want to rent tanks and dive on our own.

Hello...

Thank you!

Did you end up doing your bareboat trip or did COVID completely squash it? We're doing a two week bareboat out of St Vincent next week and are looking for diving info. We plan to dive with local shops throughout the trip but also want to rent tanks and dive on our own.

We did a 14 day bareboat out of St Vincent in June 2022 and rented tanks from Dive St Vincent. My wife ended up with an ear infection a few days in so our diving was interrupted for more than half the trip here’s our diving itinerary:
One dive from the dinghy at Bequia to get our gills wet. I think they call the site Devil’s table.
Two tank dive with Dive Bequia. They also refilled the tanks we used the previous day.
Two dives from the dinghy at Canaoun.
Ear infection ended diving for about 5 days
Three dives with Dive St Vincent when we took the tanks back. (Two good reef dives and a shallow muck dive)

We didn’t get to dive nearly as much as we wanted to but the diving we were able to get in was all good. The site on Bequia was right outside of Admiralty Bay. I’ll try to post a map of the Canaoun site.

Did the OP mean data and not beta?

We did a 14 day bareboat out of St Vincent in June 2022 and rented tanks from Dive St Vincent. My wife ended up with an ear infection a few days in so our diving was interrupted for more than half the trip here’s our diving itinerary:
One dive from the dinghy at Bequia to get our gills wet. I think they call the site Devil’s table.
Two tank dive with Dive Bequia. They also refilled the tanks we used the previous day.
Two dives from the dinghy at Canaoun.
Ear infection ended diving for about 5 days
Three dives with Dive St Vincent when we took the tanks back. (Two good reef dives and a shallow muck dive)

We didn’t get to dive nearly as much as we wanted to but the diving we were able to get in was all good. The site on Bequia was right outside of Admiralty Bay. I’ll try to post a map of the Canaoun site.
Thanks

Beta (in this context) is a climbing term, i.e., "information".
Thanks. Interesting. Not a good use of specialized jargon.

Back
Top Bottom