Seeking advise on diving in Byron bay or South West Rocks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

South West Rocks is a small town and does not have a lot of other activities, but if you wanted to go there i am pretty sure that Fish Rock Dive Centre will pick you up from the bus in Kempsey and drive you to SWR (abt 30 mins) I am guessing SWR Dive Centre would probably do the same.

I have not dived Byron so am not sure about the dive sites there, but SWR does not have a lot of sites (mainly does the cave) and if the weather is bad you may not get out. Fishrock is good I have probably done 30+ dives there and still enjoy it.

When we were there in march we found a couple of ornate ghost pipe fish :)

I just returned from a week of diving in Byron bay and the diving was really good. Visibility was not too good and it was cold underwater (18 degree Celsius) but there were many Grey Nurse Sharks, I was exciting to see kingfish hunting and I also saw my first numb ray. Thanks very much for suggestions. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom