Seek and ye shall find

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chillyinCanada

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Around 2006, David Doubilet lost one of his very expensive cameras on David's Rock in Triton Bay near Raja Ampat. Of course, the dive site is named after David and his camera. I wonder if it has ever been found.

He's an amazing guy. Don't we all wish . . .

Meet the Master Photographer on a Mission to Help us See the Sea

That’s a gift worth sharing, thank you go for posting.

Very nice post. Thanks for sharing. Agree with Saboteur about the dolphin portion and that would have traumatized me a bit.

There’s apparently a famous NatGeo UW photographer that dives right up the road from me here in the Red Sea. I know he’s closing in on his octogenarian decade. One of his BCDs is on display in one of the local dive shops and they look older than me (51). I really should get off my duff, go meet him and perhaps feature him a bit here. I readily recognize my efforts to introduce some historical material will likely pale in comparison to the seasoned SCUBA historians here that I appreciate so much.

There’s apparently a famous NatGeo UW photographer that dives right up the road from me here in the Red Sea. I know he’s closing in on his octogenarian decade. One of his BCDs is on display in one of the local dive shops and they look older than me (51). I really should get off my duff, go meet him and perhaps feature him a bit here. I readily recognize my efforts to introduce some historical material will likely pale in comparison to the seasoned SCUBA historians here that I appreciate so much.

Oh gosh, that would be wonderful, if you were to do that.

I, for one would love to read an interview of such a person by one of our own members (you)!

I readily recognize my efforts to introduce some historical material will likely pale in comparison to the seasoned SCUBA historians here that I appreciate so much.

I can't encourage you enough to take advantage of your opportunity to meet him while you still have the chance. Anything you can share with us will be equally appreciated. Underwater photographers have a special place in diving history because their work and art has inspired so many of us to take the plunge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom