See-Blitz is Awesome - Anything Comparable Available in the US?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldbear

Teaching Neutral Diving
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I have seen the See-Blitz used in Kuwait. The owner picked a couple up when he lived in Singapore. For a hand help Signal Beacon/Emergency Strobe Torch, I am very impressed with its capabilities.

As that I plan to do a lot of diving in low-vis waters, it would be great to mark the shot-line, just to name one use.

It is light weight, 232 grams

Its length is 180.0 mm and has a diamter of about 49.5 mm depending upon the accessories.

Waterproof down to 450 metres (deeper than I will ever go)

Is powered by 4 AA Batteries

Range is 16 Km in the open,
9 Km from inside an Aircraft or Vehicle window

Peak Value (Fresh Batteries Vterminal = 3.45V) 500,000 Peak Lumens

Stable Operation Value (Used Batteries Vterminal = 2.0 - 1.0V) = 210,000 Peak Lumens

The unit will flash at Stable Operation Value beyond 24 hours at a much extended interval depending on battery chemistry and de-polarising function.

Certified Explosion protected to Ex s II Zone 1 & 2; Uniform Shipping Law (USL) Code sec.10 App / Compliant SOLAS 83

The SEE-BLITZ
can be turned on by hand, by trip line, by hydrostatic pressure and by radio control, determined only by the area of application.

http://see-blitz.com/images/See_Blitz_3.pdf

See-Blitz.jpg

The problem I am having is not that I am indecisive on whether to purchase one or not...I would buy one today...but its distribution is limited to Australia and parts of Asia.

So my question is does anyone know of a comparable Emergency Strobe available in the U.S. market? :hm:

Thanks,

~Michael~

Jotron AQ-4, runs on 1xC cell. I've owned one for around 5 years no issues, often use it to mark a descent/ascent line when night diving.

Unknown.jpeg

Jotron AQ-4 Strobe Light
Available in clear glass
A handheld high power xenon strobe light that is visible for around 10km/6nm in clear conditions even at the surface (air to ground range should be greater). Waterproof and provided with a 60cm Velcro band, this is a lightweight and practical personal marking light which operates on a 1.5v alkaline battery.

- High intensity Strobe
- Usage up to 12 hours
- Manual activation
- 160mm long x 45mm
- 130g (without battery)

- 300m waterproof

Jotron AQ-4, runs on 1xC cell. I've owned one for around 5 years no issues, often use it to mark a descent/ascent line when night diving.

View attachment 117305

Jotron AQ-4 Strobe Light
Available in clear glass
A handheld high power xenon strobe light that is visible for around 10km/6nm in clear conditions even at the surface (air to ground range should be greater). Waterproof and provided with a 60cm Velcro band, this is a lightweight and practical personal marking light which operates on a 1.5v alkaline battery.

- High intensity Strobe
- Usage up to 12 hours
- Manual activation
- 160mm long x 45mm
- 130g (without battery)

- 300m waterproof

Thanks Buddhasummer...for about $120 I think it is worth a go. Safety Items - Strobes - Jotron AQ4 Strobe - Northeast Scuba Supply

rather pricey but looks the biz...Narked at 90 -Pathfinder

I went to the Marked at 90's web site and I could not find much data on the Pathfinder other than it is the worlds brightest strobe. Pathfinder strobe

Like you said "it looks the biz". But I would still like to compare data to data. On a plus side I did like the rechargable cell. I read several pages of reviews on a Rebreather Forum and it got rave reviews.

It is about 3 times what a Jorton runs. Pathfinder Strobe

I think I will email John at Marked at 90 for the full specs.

Thanks Buddhasummer for the great ideas. :dance:

~Michael~

I went to the Marked at 90's web site and I could not find much data on the Pathfinder other than it is the worlds brightest strobe. Pathfinder strobe

Like you said "it looks the biz". But I would still like to compare data to data. On a plus side I did like the rechargable cell. I read several pages of reviews on a Rebreather Forum and it got rave reviews.

It is about 3 times what a Jorton runs. Pathfinder Strobe

I think I will email John at Marked at 90 for the full specs.

Thanks Buddhasummer for the great ideas. :dance:

~Michael~

Hi Michael, you're welcome, I think the Jotron is the way to go certainly much more affordable. I travel dive a lot and finding C cells is always easy, I couldnt be bothered having to carry around a charger/plugs etc. Also with the price of the Pathfinder I'd be worried someone would steal it off the line, if the Jotron gets stolen it's not a huge financial hit. As I said I've been using for around 5 years and it's always worked fine. And yes you are right the Pathfinder is rated very highly by the "Technical" crowd. Good luck with your purchase.

PS its "Narked" at 90:wink:

Thanks...fat fingers... Ms are next to Ns on the keyboard and my brain is to slow to make the distinction :work:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom