Securing TG 6 to BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dresslma88

Registered
Reaction score
I bought the TG 6 and Olympus housing a couple weeks ago and took it out for the first time here in Ohio in the local dive quarry. Right now all I have is the camera and housing. Debating on getting a video light and/or strobe with tray prior to a trip to Utila next year. I was surprised at how well the preset settings worked with simple ambient light with no flash on. My question to you all is I want to secure the camera to my BCD when diving. I used the wrist strap and simply held the camera when not in use, but would like a more secure way to clamp it to my BCD when not in use to keep both of my hands free. Anyone have any good recommendations?

I use one of these clipped off to a left shoulder D-ring. The ring is attached to the housing where the wriststrap ties in. The ability to lock it when in use is helpful so you're not fighting any kind of bungie/coil effect of other types of retainers, yet I can retract it and lock it in place when I need both hands for something else.

A stainless steel split ring (similar to a key ring) with a stainless steel single ender or double ender will do the job.

Some plastic clips are cheaply made and don't last very long.

Back
Top Bottom