Secrets pier charge increased

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeltaWardog

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
For anyone staying at Residencias Reef or Secrets Aura - I just found out yesterday that Secrets has recently raised the fee for use of their pier to $5 per day.

Beach pickup just south near Carlos & Charlie's is my dive op's alternative.

If you are staying at Secrets, do you still have to pay? It wasn't so last April...

Also, I bought tickets for every day of my stay at RR, but I noticed that it was hit & miss for the pier police to ask for the pier band. Even then, there was nothing preventing you from just showing the same tag over and over. One pier police gal demanded that I give her my band when the Dive Op dropped me off, but I just kept walking and replied, "I am doing an afternoon dive..."

If you are staying at Secrets, do you still have to pay?

That I don't know for sure since, like you did, I'm staying at RR.

It was kind of a moot point for me since my dive op said the Secrets pier was rebuilt too high off the water to safely board their boats, which is why they prefer the beach pickup. But I figured others might want to know about the price change.

That I don't know for sure since, like you did, I'm staying at RR.

It was kind of a moot point for me since my dive op said the Secrets pier was rebuilt too high off the water to safely board their boats, which is why they prefer the beach pickup. But I figured others might want to know about the price change.

The Secrets pier is a tad high, but very doable. Every Dive Op I saw had crew exit the boat and assist you in boarding. If an old fat guy like me can do it, anyone can!

The Secrets pier is a tad high, but very doable. Every Dive Op I saw had crew exit the boat and assist you in boarding. If an old fat guy like me can do it, anyone can!
If the weather gets marginal I would go for plan C. A high pier in a bouncy sea can get very dangerous and a beach pickup may also be out. It might be a good idea to keep in contact with your operator and if dicey grab a cab to the marina. El Norte season is coming soon and a day or two prior to a closure sea conditions can be 'marginal'. The current 'published' Taxi fare from Secrets / RR (Hotel zone 8 south) to Fonatur marina (Zone 4 south) is $130 MXN ($6.50 USD)

...Also, I bought tickets for every day of my stay at RR,..."
Why doesn't the hotel " Think outside the box ".
If they raise the ticket to $7 and said it's now a cold Beer/Drink minimum Coupon,,,almost no one would complain. Bars do it all the time. Heck people might even buy 2!!

Why doesn't the hotel " Think outside the box ".
If they raise the ticket to $7 and said it's now a cold Beer/Drink minimum Coupon,,,almost no one would complain. Bars do it all the time. Heck people might even buy 2!!

Cause that requires forward thinking

I watched my boat load some people from the Secrets pier today before they came to get me on the C&C beach. So I talked to them about the pier fee during the SI, and they confirmed they are staying at Secrets and still had to pay $5.

When I was there in early September they were charging everyone - even if you were boarding a boat from their on-site providers. :(

It costs 6 pesos to pee in a toilet at the ADO station in Cancun......

Back
Top Bottom