"Secrets in the Sound"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcbryan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Finally a good scuba video/program on TV. I just watched it on KIRO. Maybe it will be repeated or available online for anyone who didn't see it. It was called "Secrets in the Sound".

No drama, good production quality, no messing around with the marine life and pretty complete.

The only possible inaccuracies that I caught and they were minor were some mention of GPO's staying in one area. That's true after the eggs are laid but it showed an octo out in the open when that statement was made so it wasn't entirely accurate.

It also mentioned that several Wolf Eels live in one den so that one could hunt and the other could protect the den. Maybe accurate but it never mentioned that in almost all cases it is a male and female living together in those dens.

Minor points that I mention only out of interest.

A lot of filming obviously went into this video. Birds underwater were filmed, along with Orcas, Sixgills and a Basking Shark. Some scenes had very good viz. This must have been footage from over a year.

If you have to chance to see it if it's repeated it's well worth your time.

Here's the trailer ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Wow, very nice. Now I 1) want to watch the whole program and 2) Go diving in Puget Sound :)

Henrik

That's amazing! When I read about PNW diving, I always wonder what it really looks like under there. Pretty nifty :)

That's amazing! When I read about PNW diving, I always wonder what it really looks like under there. Pretty nifty :)

... you could always check out some of the pictures on my website ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That looks awesome. I can't wait until I get up there later this year and get to see it all in person.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom