Secret Bay - June 4th......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neon Tepee

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

Bad weather in Anilao forced us to dive Secret bay on Thursday afternoon as most other Anilao sites were blown out......And what a dive it was.

Two Mimic octopus, three seahorses, nudis galore, all the usual stuff you would expect from Secret Bay. Twenty minutes into the dive somthing caught my eye, glanced up and nearly had a heart attack as a smallish 7-8 meter Whaleshark crusied over my head !!!!!!!!!

What a dive. Before you ask I'm not one of these camera loaded divers so no pictorial evidence, but one of the guests saw it, sadly for two other divers in our party they had there heads burried in the sand looking for Secrets normal residents.

It was at about 10 meters, i was at 12 meters and it was approx four in the afternoon. I have just come from Donsol so am convinced it followed me !!!

Mat.

Stop it already !!! I only get there in Oct .......

Hi all,

Bad weather in Anilao forced us to dive Secret bay on Thursday afternoon as most other Anilao sites were blown out......And what a dive it was.

Two Mimic octopus, three seahorses, nudis galore, all the usual stuff you would expect from Secret Bay. Twenty minutes into the dive somthing caught my eye, glanced up and nearly had a heart attack as a smallish 7-8 meter Whaleshark crusied over my head !!!!!!!!!

What a dive. Before you ask I'm not one of these camera loaded divers so no pictorial evidence, but one of the guests saw it, sadly for two other divers in our party they had there heads burried in the sand looking for Secrets normal residents.

It was at about 10 meters, i was at 12 meters and it was approx four in the afternoon. I have just come from Donsol so am convinced it followed me !!!

Mat.

Nice Mat. I was in Manila Thurs on business and was scheduled to head out to Anilao Friday and Sat but cancelled the Anilao trip at the last minute due to the bad rain... I would have been happy to spend an entire day diving Secret Bay, but then without a camera I'd probably go crazy... :wink:

Mat,

Nice! Galing! You're one lucky dude. I have not seen anything bigger than a 3-foot barracuda in Anilao. Pag may tiyaga, may nilaga (hehehehe). We cancelled our sunday trip at the last minute also. :bonk: Ok rin lang, I reckon viz may not be good due to continuous rains and run-offs.

How's Donsol sightings at this time, btw?

:)sleeping2: I have got to dive Secret Bay)

Gi

good to know the mimic octopus over there's still doing okay :D

whaleshark in secret bay? really? wow!

Secret bay was protected from all the rains, we did it again on Friday, all other sides of Anilao were blown out but Secret Bay and its two neighbouring sites (no names to protect the secret of secret bay, despite the fact that the whole world seems to know where it is !!) were still very diveable. That was the best thing about the dive, it was the second time that day as the planned site (Twin rocks) was not diveable, and we only just talked ourselves into doing it.

We were set to call it a day and try for a night dive instead, but with the weather decided to do it from the shore.

We manged to do Kirbys rock on the Friday as well. but the ride out was a bit rough.

Izel, I left Donsol on 29th May and still sightings then average of four or five per boat. Not sure now.

But still can't belive it now, the last thing you expect from Secret bay, you expect to be using a magnifying glass and then just above your head swims the biggest fish in the world !!!

Oh and not because of the Whaleshark, but just because its about time the camera arrives next week !!!! Not used one in over ten years so got to learn this new fangled digital thing....

Mat.

I believe your sighting of the whaleshark as I have personally seen it 3 times (unexpectedly) around Anilao already. You're lucky to have seen it in Secret bay! But I'm still unlucky to photograph any mimic octopus or blue-ringed octos there.

Did you say the whaleshark is about 10 meters long?

Next time be ready with your camera on video mode. :wink:

I believe your sighting of the whaleshark as I have personally seen it 3 times (unexpectedly) around Anilao already. You're lucky to have seen it in Secret bay! But I'm still unlucky to photograph any mimic octopus or blue-ringed octos there.

Did you say the whaleshark is about 10 meters long?

Next time be ready with your camera on video mode. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom