Secondary Bends

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absinthe

New
Reaction score
I was talking to someone yesterday about thier dive accident where they got bent. He described the bubble feeling and itching everyone is familiar with. This developed into pain. He said that after he was given oxygen to breathe he felt just fine. Until the oxygen ran out. Two days later he finally made it to civilization and got the "secondary Bends" and had to go into a decompression chamber. I've never heard of this condition until yesterday...

Was this guy jerking our chain? Or was there any truth to his story?

Absinthe:
I was talking to someone yesterday about thier dive accident where they got bent. He described the bubble feeling and itching everyone is familiar with. This developed into pain. He said that after he was given oxygen to breathe he felt just fine. Until the oxygen ran out. Two days later he finally made it to civilization and got the "secondary Bends" and had to go into a decompression chamber. I've never heard of this condition until yesterday...

Was this guy jerking our chain? Or was there any truth to his story?

Some truth but unlikely. If the bends wasn't completely cured by the 02, it will reocurr usually within hours, the probability of symptoms developing at 72hr is remote.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom