Second outing with new Sony a7rIV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I went diving down in North Carolina a couple of weeks ago. It was my second outing with my new camera rig. But, the first outing was kind of ruined by a defective strobe trigger. So, this was my first legit effort at trying to get some decent photos. Unfortunately, the sharks were very uncooperative - by virtue of mostly just not being there. And I had constant mask flooding issues, which definitely made it harder to concentrate on getting good photos. Nevertheless, I got a couple that I'm pretty happy with.

Rig: Sony a7rIV + Sony FE 28mm f/2 lens, in Nauticam housing with Nauticam WWL-1 wet wide angle dome, with 2 x Inon z240 strobes

DSC02275-Edited.jpg

My5Rd.jpeg

DSC02301-Edited.jpg

DSC02318-Edited.jpg

DSC02232-Edited.jpg

DSC02195-Edited.jpg

Nice Olive Snail, I've never seen a living one, only shells

Not a great photo. But, considering it was shot with a wide angle setup giving a 130 degree field of view, I'm not complaining at how it came out. I had no idea what it was called. Olive Snail. Cool. :D

I also got a picture of a baby flounder. It was white and literally about the size of a dime. It was so cool to see it in person. But, it was just TOO small for the rig I was shooting. The photos of it did not turn out sharp enough to bother posting.

Not a great photo. But, considering it was shot with a wide angle setup giving a 130 degree field of view, I'm not complaining at how it came out. I had no idea what it was called. Olive Snail. Cool. :D

I also got a picture of a baby flounder. It was white and literally about the size of a dime. It was so cool to see it in person. But, it was just TOO small for the rig I was shooting. The photos of it did not turn out sharp enough to bother posting.
upload_2020-6-8_17-2-33.png

Lionfish in NC! That’s not good.

Oh, yeah, they've been all over the place there for at least a few years now.

One of the little bastards actually pricked me on this last trip, too! My first time. Through the knee pad of a 5mm wet suit. Fortunately for me, it was a little lion fish and the suit kept it from getting me any more than just a tiny little pin prick. The result was far less than a bee sting. But, I dang sure felt it instantly! I'm probably very lucky I jerked in the right direction to keep from driving it further into my kneecap.

Really nice to see the blues coming out well for the A7rIV. Very nice contrast. Also impressed you managed to get the whole rig in the shot for the 2nd shot :wink:

Really nice to see the blues coming out well for the A7rIV. Very nice contrast. Also impressed you managed to get the whole rig in the shot for the 2nd shot :wink:

:D Thanks!

Did you notice you can see the reflection of the shark in the dome of my friend's camera in that one?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom