Sechelt Accomodations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stine

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was planning on doing my AOW next month in Sechelt BC (with Suncoast Divers)- but can't seem to find a cheap hotel in the area! So frustrating! I know there is a hostel up there, but frankly I am concerned about where to dry my equipment and keeping it from being stolen!
Does anyone know of a good cheap hotel/motel/inn (whatever) that doesn't involve taking the ferry back and forth to Vancouver every day?
Or if all else fails, I dive shop from Vancouver?

Thanks!

Morning,

I've dove quite a bit on the Sunshine Coast... I am lucky to have family that lives there though. There is a plenty of hotels/motels that can accomindate you and your gear. Around Suncoast Divers new location there is at least half a dozen places to stay and there are several B&B outside Sechelt towards Halfmoon Bay.

I have left my gear at the shop over night and let it dryout there without hassles.

Best of luck!

Stine:
I was planning on doing my AOW next month in Sechelt BC (with Suncoast Divers)- but can't seem to find a cheap hotel in the area! So frustrating! I know there is a hostel up there, but frankly I am concerned about where to dry my equipment and keeping it from being stolen!
Does anyone know of a good cheap hotel/motel/inn (whatever) that doesn't involve taking the ferry back and forth to Vancouver every day?
Or if all else fails, I dive shop from Vancouver?

Thanks!

Why don't you take a tent then? There are a couple of provincial campgrounds close to where you want to be.

R..

Hey Stine,

I am positive that Tony at Suncoast Diving will let you stow your gear there overnight... They have hangers and drying racks for all your stuff.

I live about 5 minutes from Sechelt, and you're welcome to store your stuff in my garage if you like.

Cheers,

Mike

Mikey123:
Hey Stine,

I am positive that Tony at Suncoast Diving will let you stow your gear there overnight... They have hangers and drying racks for all your stuff.

I live about 5 minutes from Sechelt, and you're welcome to store your stuff in my garage if you like.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike I am always looking for new buddies in Sechelt when I come out... Dive often around the area? Shore & Boat?

Hey GlazierB,

Yeah, I do a fair bit, and am also always looking for someone to dive with up here... Just did Cooper's Green this weekend, tons of life, but terrible viz... I also have a boat, and know of quite a few good sites in Sechelt Inlet that we could hit...

Drop me a line if you want to go diving! I'm good to go most weekdays and some weekends!

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for all the help!!!

I am booked into the Upper Deck Hostel, with Suncoast keeping all my gear!

I am so excited! I leave in 13 days! :D :D :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom